Nothing is more frustrating than not being able to sign up for your Xbox account. For gamers, the sight of Xbox is really a thing. Certainly, the advanced technology, better control, next-level gaming approach, and smarter interface uplift things.
Therefore, Xbox is amongst the most in-demand and favorite gaming consoles in today’s age ever since 2001. Although it has improved its design during this time, the signing is the major concern that many gamers are still confused about. So below you are about to know how it’s possible to sign in to your Xbox account! Let’s get things straight.
What is Microsoft account recovery?
The account recovery of Microsoft is the option where you can get back your Xbox account. By recovering, you get the chance to prove the real you (your real account) and then you continue the same way you used to do.
As you know if you own the Xbox gaming console, you will need a Microsoft account to play games and get access to other experiences on the very gaming console. Having a Microsoft account is a must, plus you can make it for free. Note that the Xbox account is not the same as the Microsoft account.
How to sign in to Xbox?
When you have forgotten the password, it seems impossible to re-access the account. Certainly, the Xbox account asks you to enter your email and password.
However, when you have forgotten your email, you can still get access using another device for the sign-in. For that, you just need to know the login credentials of your Microsoft account for later use. The Xbox device gives you the unique alphanumeric code that is required on www.microsoft.com/link. It will help you the most.
A Simple way to sign into an Xbox account (using //www.microsoft.com/link Code)
So after you have done trying with your last password, this simple way should help you out. However, if things still take you nowhere, you will need a Microsoft account. If you have the account, follow these steps.
- Turn on the Xbox gaming console by pressing the button on the controller to initiate the guide.
- Now go to settings and look for the Profile & system. From there select the existing Xbox account.
- Now on another window, select “Use another device”. You will see the alphanumeric code on the screen. Note the code for later use or take a quick picture.
- Now on a separate device, browse and go to https://www.microsoft.com/link.
- Here you need to enter the code and select next.
- After that, enter the email for your Microsoft account and select the option that says “Next”. However, you can also use your Skype ID or cell number that is linked to your account.
- Now simply enter the password and choose to sign in. in the new window, you will be asked to stay signed in to the Microsoft account. Make sure you are using the rusted device before you enter “Yes”.
Note: If you haven’t missed any step, you will receive a notification saying you’re now signed in to Xbox.
Add a new Microsoft account to your Xbox
The procedure to add another account to your Xbox gaming console is yet again simpler. It works ideally when you are not able to enter your Microsoft account after trying the above method. So without wasting any more time, here is what you need to do.
- Open the Xbox gaming console that you own and press the button just as you did before.
- Go to Settings and select Profile & system.
- Now choose the Add or switch and select the Add new option, here you need to enter the email address for your Microsoft account. After that press enter.
- Carefully read the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statements, and choose I Accept.
- Make sure to completely configure Sign-In & Security preferences before you play games.
Is there any way I can recover my Microsoft Account Password? Steps
Recovering your password or Microsoft account back is a relief. So if you are unable to enter the Microsoft account due to password issues, Microsoft has got you covered. Below are the simple steps.
- Go to your desktop browser on the computer and type https://account.live.com/password/reset, and hit enter.
- Now, enter the email address of your Microsoft account and click Next.
- By now you will receive a security code from Microsoft either through email or via your cell phone. Enter it.
- After entering the security code, you need to set up the new password for your Microsoft account. Make sure to follow the guidelines of making a password i.e. password should be at least eight characters and must contain a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, symbols, and numbers. That is it, you’re done.